Subject: Recent Shuttle (Spacewalker) Experiences ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Adrian Portelli <adrianp@stindustries.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/05/2003 17:20:17
Hi,

Has anyone got NetBSD up and running on any of the later models PC's
from Shuttle (http://www.spacewalker.com) ?

I was looking at getting one of these but I'm curious about device
support under NetBSD.  Specifically I'm interested in any stories on the
sound and NIC support.

A lot of the later models (SB51*/SB45G/SB61G2/NEON) seem to use Realtek
chips for both NIC and soundcards.  Specifically most seem use the
"Realtek ALC 650" for sound and "Realtek 8100B or 8201BL" for NIC's.  I
was unable to find any information on NetBSD support for the ALC650
audio chip and the 8100B/8201BL NIC chips don't even seem to rate a
mention on the rtk driver man page (it only mentions the 8129/8139
chips).  One other (SB52G2) also mentions the Intel NIC chipset of
82551.  But this also don't rate a mention on the fxp man page.

Other than that I would be interested to know of any horror/success
stores with NetBSD on these boxes.

Thanks,

Adrian.