Subject: kvm_nlist (mem): Device not configured
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/26/2003 13:12:42
Hi,

I'm trying to get gtop or xosview working on -current and I get
essentially the same error from both:

LibGTop-Server: kvm_nlist (mem): Device not configured
LibGTop-Server: kvm_nlist (shm_limits): Device not configured
LibGTop-Server: kvm_nlist (msg_limits): Device not configured
LibGTop-Server: kvm_nlist (sem_limits): Device not configured
LibGTop-Server: kvm_nlist: Device not configured
glibtop: Requested 50 bytes but got 3217028020.

xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_ifnet'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_ifnet'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_disklist'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_disklist'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_disklist'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_disklist'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_disklist'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_intrcnt'.
xosview: kvm_nlist() lookup failed for symbol '_eintrcnt'.
xosview: The kernel does not seem to have the symbols needed for the DiskMeter.

I have procfs and kernfs mounted, I have a /dev/mem and /dev/ksyms.

What is it I need to reconfigure to fix this?  Any hints much appreciated!