Subject: Re: Java on NetBSD2
From: Erik Osheim <erik@plastic-idolatry.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/26/2003 11:12:11
--Apple-Mail-2--679243614

I'm not certain that it will do exactly what you want, but I've been
pretty happy with Sun's Java 1.4.1 installed from pkgsrc. It's the
Linux version that uses the SuSE package, and it seems to work pretty
well. Are you using the Sun version, or another JSDK?

Any reason you're sticking with 1.3.1?

-- Erik

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 09:55  AM, Yasir Malik wrote:

> Hello,
> Does anyone know if there will be better Java support for NetBSD 2.0?
> I'm
> not that impressed with the JSDK 1.3.1 on 1.6.1; the AWT programs crash
> all the time.  I might upgrade if the Java support is better.
> Thanks,
> Yasir

--Apple-Mail-2--679243614
	name=PGP.sig