Subject: Re: reconfigure ide controller?
To: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
From: Patrick Mackey <netbsd@deniedaccess.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/25/2003 22:01:54
Hi

I too am interested in being able to do this. With IDE hard drives being
inexpensive and holding a lot of data it makes sense to use them as backup
mediums. It would be nice to be able to hot swap IDE drives.

Can the IDE bus be refreshed or is it a limitation of the OS, BIOS or IDE
controller?

Best Regards,
Patrick Mackey

 "Of course it runs NetBSD"