Subject: (Unsupported) CrossOver Office on NetBSD/i386 available
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/23/2003 13:13:15
[I am not on either port-i386 or current-users.  Reply-To: has been set
directly to me.]

PLEASE NOTE: The information presented here is not provided by CodeWeavers,
Inc. and running CrossOver Office on NetBSD is not a configuration that is
supported by CodeWeavers technical support. Use of CrossOver Office on
NetBSD is at your own risk.

=====

With the above disclaimer said....

I've created kernel diffs and an installer wrapper script that makes it
possible to run CrossOver Office (the commercial version of Wine supported
by CodeWeavers -- www.codeweavers.com) on NetBSD/i386, under Linux binary
emulation.

These fixes are definitely a work-in-progress, and most applications still
do _not_ run well in this configuration, thanks to an as yet unknown Linux
emulation bug that trips up the MS Installer.  However, a small handful of
apps have been tested by me to work.

You can see the install instructions and necessary files here:

    http://www.duh.org/cxoffice/

Please feel free to e-mail me with any comments.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>