Subject: Re: Make index
To: None <nightshade@phreaker.net>
From: Chris Fuhrman <chris.fuhrman@tfcci.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/18/2003 08:13:39
The make index process does seem to be fairly time-consuming.  I was
running it on a 1.2GHz AMD Athlon and it ran for 3 -> 4 days before a
hardware problem caused the computer to crash (it's in the shop now).

I shudder to think the month(s) it would take to run this process on,
say, a SPARCstation 2.

--
Chris Fuhrman           | Twenty First Century Communications
chris.fuhrman@tfcci.com | Senior Software Engineer