Subject: Re: fsck_msdos is trying very hard, but...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/14/2003 19:51:07
Hi,

> Hmm.  Well, it sure *acts* like a FAT filesystem; I can mount it
> with mount_msdos, and the Windows OS living in it boots just fine.

The problem with fixing the copy of the bootblock is that the offset
of the copy is extracted from the bootblock.  Which means that the
copy needn't be bad, but the offset in the bootblock might be instead.

Maybe, fsck_msdos should just warn about the invalid copy and go on...

If you get me a copy of the first 10 or so blocks from the
partition, I'll try to have a look into it.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws@TooLs.DE	Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH	+49-228-985800