Subject: Re: Hard drive light constantly on
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/2003 10:11:16
--/NkBOFFp2J2Af1nK

Manuel,

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 11:03:37PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
=20
> > Why is that so?
> If i'd know I would fix it :)

I am not sure I mentioned this to you ...
did you look at the old sys/arch/amiga/dev/idesc code to see what was
differently in its initialization (compared to the amiga wdc attachment +
MI code)?

(The old code worked fine, the new has the reported symptoms for
some hardware combinations).

I think it would be wise if somebody would compare the two implementations
who is familiar with at least one of them... I'm familiar with neither.

Regards
	Ignatios

--/NkBOFFp2J2Af1nK

--/NkBOFFp2J2Af1nK--