Subject: NetBSD 1.6 and ISDN
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Ibbotson <richard@sheflug.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/27/2003 20:58:33
Hi

My original project of two years ago was messed up by British Telecom
who lied when they said that broadband was available and are still not
telling the truth to their shareholders just now.  Only ISDN is to be
available at any time to myself and at enormous cost to my own
personal budget.  This being the case the NetBSD ISO images will not
be available to me and it will take at least twelve months to get hold
of the latest release on CD.  UK suppliers of CDs send over a mucky
and dusty CD that might have been found under a carpet with most
packages missing.  Unusable.

I have now been able to get hold of some NetBSD 1.6 CDs from
www.cheapiso.com.  Installed it into some i386 hardware and started
again.  Originally tried this with 1.5.2 and failed miserably.

Had a look at the NetBSD ISDN howto.  Do I need to download and
install i4b for NetBSD 1.6 or is all of the software on the CDs when I
install ?  Have created and populated /etc/isdn as described in the
howto.  Got hold of the latest current stuff and kernel source
in case I need to re-compile the kernel.  Anything else that I missed
?

Thanks

Richard
www.sheflug.co.uk