Subject: Re: Trouble configuring DHCP
From: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/2003 08:35:15
On 06/07 11:19, Yasir Malik wrote:
> Thank you very much!  Right now I am writing this message on my laptop.
> My sysadmin, who, by the way, takes long vacations, kept telling me that I
> was not following the directions properly.  Also, is there a way to set my
> hostname.  dhcp automatically assigns me my hostname (r-ymalik).

This was covered in another message in this thread, but:
        supersede [ option declaration ] ;

       If for some option the client should always use a locally-
       configured  value  or  values rather than whatever is sup-
       plied by the server, these values can be  defined  in  the
       supersede statement.

host-name is the option you want.