Subject: KDE Desktop and missing borders and title bar
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Video Mike <mike@cpdist.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/06/2003 02:40:32
Dear NetBSD,

I recently tried to upgrade KDE3.0 for NetBSD v1.6 to
KDE3.0 (v3.0.5.1) for NetBSD v1.6.1.  I discovered after
having installed several packages for KDE that a pre-
compiled binary for kde-base does not exist for the v1.6.1
i386 port. I went back to KDE3.0 for v1.6 after deleting
all of the newer KDE packages for v1.6.1 only to find out
that I no longer can resize or move any open windows
on the desktop because the title bar and window borders
are missing.  Does anyone know what libraries or packages
are responsible for KDE's borders and such?  Am I correct
in assuming that QT3 is used for this?  Incidentally, I have
also installed the QT3 packages for v1.6.1.  Any help is
appreciated.

--Video Mike--