Subject: Re: bootblocks with wd1a:netbsd ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/2003 22:37:34
On Thursday 05 June 2003 15:11, Patrick Welche wrote:
> As a result of making a computer a windoze free zone, NetBSD starts at =
the
> beginning of a disk with wd1h rather than wd1a. I have installed
> biosboot.sym at wd1h, but now of course the bootblocks look by default =
for
> wd1h:netbsd rather than wd1a:netbsd. Is there a way of teaching them we=
re
> to look by default?

Define system root at kernel configuration file ? Kind of:

--- cut ---
# Kernel root file system and dump configuration.
#config=09=09netbsd=09root on ? type ?
config=09=09netbsd=09root on sd0a type ffs
#config=09=09netbsd=09root on ? type nfs

This works when i boot from USB FlashDisk which is recognised as SCSI ove=
r USB=20
at sd0 and netbsd is located at sd0a partition. I had about the same prob=
lem=20
with ordinary "root on ? type ?" when init lookup code didn't treat SCSI=20
disks as potential boot source. So i wonder if the following will fail:

config netbsd root on wd1a type ffs

// wbr