Subject: Re: cross compilation ???
To: Menon, Sudhir B <sbmeno@essex.ac.uk>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2003 18:51:43
--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

* Menon, Sudhir B (sbmeno@essex.ac.uk) wrote:

> my question is, am i on the right track while trying to cross compile for=
 the hpcarm machine. or are there any steps that need to be undertaken befo=
re i use the ./build.sh -m hpcarm -T /usr/cross tools ??.
>=20
> i tried to build userland for the first time, but got a similar error (ju=
st trying out, the trial and error method).

You are on the right track, but crosscompiling often crashes.=20
Last night i built a new 1.6T kernel & userland for my PC and it worked
well, now I'm trying to crosscompile a new distribution for my Alpha which
also fails with:=20

/var/tmp/ccqe3H07.s:731: Error: unknown opcode `leave'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/toolchain/obj/build/gcc
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/toolchain/obj/build
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/toolchain
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/toolchain
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools

ERROR: Failed to make tools