Subject: Re: hd tuning
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/01/2003 14:53:17
Dawid Busse [Sun, Jun 01, 2003 at 02:39:50PM +0200]:
[...]
> You think that Linux is better(? for You) then start Your 2xpIV 3GHz (is it
> enough?) boot Linux and have fun.

Few weeks ago I had NetBSD on my 500MHz Celeron laptop (well, sorry I don't
have any lousy 486 at home, but I prefer _using_ computers, not toying with
them). After 2 weeks it was replaced with Linux. Problems with XFree86,
panics, no APM support - and that was with the stable release of NetBSD.

Debian unstable on 2.4.20 works, it does it very good. No panics, no problems,
APM works as it should work, not to mention PCMCIA.

I know NetBSD's superiorities in _many_ areas. I know where it beats
FreeBSD, I know, where it beats Linux. But please, stop talking crap
about Linux just because it's NetBSD mailing list.

--
Micha³ Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl
$ mv /Almo /var  :: miejsce na  Twoja reklame