Subject: cross compilation ???
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Menon, Sudhir B <sbmeno@essex.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/31/2003 20:47:44
hello,

i am faced with a problem in cross compiling outlined below. please do =
let me know, your views.

I am trying to cross compile for hpcarm using netbsd 1.6 i386 machine as =
host. the steps undertaken are as follows.

1, downloaded the current version of netbsd source tree using anoncvs
2. trying to create cross compipler tool chain.

following erros were noticed.

compilation begins , but aborted, the error messages are.

swapped undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/tools/installboot/ ../ ../ =
../usr.sbin/installboot/ffs.c.466:warning:unreachable code at beginning =
of switch statement.
**error code 1.

stop.
nbmake:stopped in usr/src/tools.
error : failed to make tools.
**build aborted**

my question is, am i on the right track while trying to cross compile =
for the hpcarm machine. or are there any steps that need to be =
undertaken before i use the ./build.sh -m hpcarm -T /usr/cross tools ??.

i tried to build userland for the first time, but got a similar error =
(just trying out, the trial and error method).

please enlighten.

regards,
sudhir.