Subject: agpgart - any ideas how long?
To: NetBSD i386 port <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Pereira <freeserver@wintellect.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/2003 20:46:28
Hello fellow i386 NetBSDers,

I've got a HP Pavilion N5412L (laptop), the sound is supported well in NetBSD as well as the floppy, CD drive, etc. The only problem I have is the graphics. It will work with VESA, but I know the graphics chip, the i830M, is capable of much more - 24 bit depth - which I can do in FreeBSD.

I want to go NetBSD all the way on this laptop - but I need the "agpgart" to work in the kernel for X to fully support the chip. So - my actual question - how is the progress? When can I expect to install it?

Thanks

--
Phil.
                                           (_ )