Subject: problem with nfs
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Alain LIEFOOGHE <alain.liefooghe@free.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/22/2003 22:33:06
Hello, i have a MEDION 7438 notebook, i have installed the 1.6P current.
it is the best current for it, all devices seems to be recognised. the
1.6S don't recognise correctly the AC'97 via sound card, don't light the
optical usb mouse and the XFree86 4.2.1 don't recognise my NVidia
Geforce 488 Go. the ethernet card is a via rhine II. when i try to be a
nfs_client on a NetBSD 1.6.1 nfs server, the connection is established,
i can do an "ls" but when i want to copy a file to my notebook, it is
slow as an "escargot" and times hang on completely. When i use winXP
home edition with the netbsd 1.6.1 samba server, the same thing append.

do you think it's an ethernet problem or other ?