Subject: Trouble intalling teTeX
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/2003 09:57:08
I compiled teTeX from source to install it.  I updated my path to include
the teTeX binaries and I can compile my .tex files.  However, whenever I
type
xdvi <DVI file>
I get this error:
Shared object "libXaw.so.7" not found
I used to get
Shared object "libXaw.so" not found.
I asked the guys at the teTeX mailing list and they still have not
responded; it's been more than a week.  Even Thomas Esser did not repond!
I have never sent an email to the teTeX mailing list, and I have only
asked Mr. Esser one question for the past year.
I know I have the files.
When I do
find /usr/X11R6 -name "libXaw.so" -print
I get the names of the files.
Please help.  My system administrator is on (more than 3 weeks?) vacation,
and the only other SA is a Windows 2000 guy.
Thanks,
Yasir