Subject: Re: pciide0:1:0: lost interrupt with Raidframe & 1.6.1
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/15/2003 16:39:04
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 02:29:56PM +0100, David wrote:
> > 	I'm getting various 'pciide0:1:0: lost interrupt' errors on two
> > 	boxes under load. They are running raidframe on 1.6.1.
> > 	Running bonnie++ is a great way to trigger a massive load of them.
> > 	I'm not seeing any problems on a variety of other i386 boxes
> > 	running raidframe including a virtually identical box (PII 233 rather
> > 	than 266). These two are external DNS and gateway boxes hence the
> > 	small disks :)
>
> Did you do the usual checks, especially, did you check that the
> cables aren't too long ?
> Also, did you try disconnecting the ATAPI CD ?

	The cables are quite short and the drives are quite old.
	Disconnecting the CD seems to have helped, but I'm confused
	why there would be 'lost interrupt' on both wd0 and wd1 when
	they were on different channels, and the CD (on channel 0) was
	never accessed?

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --