Subject: NetBSD 1.6.1 on Thinkpad R30
To: NetBSD i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Andre <pandre@nerim.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/2003 16:34:07
Hi,

I want to install NetBSD 1.6.1 on my Thinkpad R30.

The install (cdrom install) went fine. but on first reboot i get a
kernel panic, there is what i get (the kernel is GENERIC_DIAGNOSTIC):

cpu0 : [snip]
BIOS32: [snip]
pci0 : [snip]
pchb0 : [snip]
pchb0 : Acer Labs product 0x1621
agp0 at pchb0uvmfault (0xc06a6a60, 0x0,0,1) -> e
kernel : page fault trap, code =0
Stopped in pid 0 (swapper) at _bus_dmameme_Alloc_range + 0x59: movl 0x30
(%ecx), %eax
db> trace
_bus_dmamem_alloc_range ( [snip]
_bus_dmamem_alloc_ ( [snip]
agp_alloc_gatt ( [snip]
agp_ali_attach ( [snip]
agpattach ( [snip]
config_attach ( [snip]

I have tried every kernel on the cdrom and each time i get this problem
(the PS2 kernel doesn't panic, but as i have no MCA ide controller :-)

If i can get a kernel with no agp support, will my thinkpad boot ? what
can i do now ?

thanks.
--
pandre