Subject: Installation of GCJ
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jenkins, Graham K [IBM GSA] <Graham.K.Jenkins@team.telstra.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/09/2003 20:44:40
When I built my NetBSD 1.6.1 box recently, I installed
the 'comp,tgz' set - which gives me 'gcc', 'g++' and 'g77'.

'gcc --version' reports 2.95.3

But it doesn't seem to give me 'gcj'.  When I look at the
gcc-2.95.3.tgz package available under the packages tree, I
see that 'gcj' is included.  So:

1) Can I just do a pkg_add over the top of what's in place?

2) What if I wanted to install the 'gcc-3.2.1.tgz' package?
   Could I perhaps do a pkg_add for gcc-2.95.3.tgz, then a
   pkg_del for it to clean everything up before I start?  And
   could I still satisfactorily compile a kernel with
   gcc-3.2.1 ?

Regards .. G.
  =20