Subject: Re: Weird booting error
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/07/2003 12:38:35
Thank you for replying.
I don't have my laptop with me right now in school, but I think the
problem that I'm having has to do with NetBSD.  You see, before I
installed NetBSD, I did not have any problems with my C: drive, i.e. the
check disk screen did not come up at all whenever I started the computer.
After I installed NetBSD, and booted the first time, and then logged off
and then booted Windows 2000, the check disk screen would come up.  I
would scan the disk, and it would supposedly fix all the "errors."  After
I rebooted Windows 2000 again, the check disk screen did not come up.
However, when I booted NetBSD, and then logged out and booted Windows
2000, the check disk screen would come up.  Now, after I mounted the two
Windows partions onto the NetBSD file system, that error message I told
you about in the last email came up.  There was no error in the D: drive,
the one without Windows 2000, though.  I will tell you tomorrow if your
suggestion work.  But should I reinstall NetBSD?  Is there a way I can get
around the problem?
Yasir