Subject: Weird booting error
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/06/2003 12:29:31
I followed the instructions from this link
http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-2boot.html#AEN1095
to access my two windows partitions. I typed the following:
disklabel -e wd0

and then this file came and I typed the following at the end of the file:
f: 20472417        63 MSDOS
g: 12428577  20472543 MSDOS

I then added the following to /etc/fstab
/dev/wd0f /c msdos rw 1 3
/dev/wd0g /d msdos rw 1 3

and then I typed
mount /c
mount /d

and  I am able to access the partitions.

However, I get the following errors when I am booting up:
bakup doesn't compare to primary bootblock
/dev/rwd0f: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsk_msdos MANUALLY
/dev/rwdg: 10557 files, 3298400 free (824600 clusters)
THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEM HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY:
	msdos: /dev/rwd0f (/c)
Automatic file system check failed; help!
May 7 00:09:07 init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to
single user mode
Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

I press enter and the # prompt comes up.  I then typed exit and pressed
enter and then I get some errors that go off the screen too fast for me to
tell everyone (I
type slow) and the login prompt comes up.  I them am able to login to my
root account or the account that I have created.  Everything seems to
work fine afterwards.  I am still able to access the Windows
partitions.  How can I fix the problem?
Thanks,
Yasir