Subject: Re: NVidia drivers update
To: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/04/2003 19:55:04
Le Sun, 4 May 2003 13:28:13 -0400
Sean Davis a ecrit :
> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 06:15:37PM +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> > I've updated my port. See http://cubidou.nerim.net, and download the
> > tarball at http://cubidou.nerim.net/NVIDIA_NetBSD-1.0-3203.tar.bz2 .
[...]
> Does it still suffer the same problems as your last go-round? (ie,
> console blanking when leaving X, total machine hang when trying to play
> quake3arena-demo or heretic2-demo, etc?)

Console blanking is not really my part. There's nothing I can really do
about it, except complaining at NVidia. It can be worked around in the
vga/wscons driver, but it's kind of an independant work.

About games, Linux binaries don't work with GLX yet, so there's no update
here.

I'm sorry, Sean. I must say I also think it would be so much easier with
an open source part in the userland binaries.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.