Subject: NVidia drivers update
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-port-i386@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/04/2003 18:15:37
Hi,

I've updated my port. See http://cubidou.nerim.net, and download the
tarball at http://cubidou.nerim.net/NVIDIA_NetBSD-1.0-3203.tar.bz2 .

This time, I added support for GLX binaries, but note that it is not
complete (some applications don't work, and that include all Linux
binaries), and eventually leads to a crash. There's a bug that prevents
AGP memory to be freed, so be prepared to fsck your disks often when using
GLX binaries.

But also note that you can happily play gltron for several hours, without
sound though :)

The included README file should be clear enough for an easy installation,
you're welcome to report me any imprecision or difficulty, either by mail
or in #netbsd on freenode. You can also ask me for a custom kernel in case
you don't want to patch your source tree.

I'll now focus mainly on a LKM version (and I'll give a try to a 1.6.1
version).

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.