Subject: Re: nforce2 support
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-port-i386@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/04/2003 08:39:25
Le Sun, 4 May 2003 07:11:59 +0200
Andrzej Szeszo a ecrit :
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 22:25:56 +0200
> Quentin Garnier <netbsd-port-i386@quatriemek.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone interested in making NVidia's binary driver work ? From a quick
> > look at their interface code, it should be fairly easy (I know, I said
> > the same thing about the FreeBSD version of their video card driver).
>
> Have you made any progress with NVidia's video driver? There wasn't too
> much info about this subject recently.

Not a lot, and quite a bit in the meantime. There's a problem with memory
allocations (in the kernel) not released by the XFree86 driver when a GLX
program exits. This will take long to investigate.

But anyway, here's my roadmap for the next weeks: as soon as
ftp.netbsd.org is updated (it happens once a week, it should be tonight),
I'll import the latest 1.6R and make a release with GLX support, since my
scripts are finally ready.

I'm waiting for that new 1.6R because the ksyms system will allow me to
debug the LKM version, on which I'll work next. (The nForce* Ethernet
driver will be a test case of a LKM driver, but I can't do the debugging
myself, having no nForce chip).

I've also made progress towards a netbsd-1-6 patch, but I need to setup a
test machine for that.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.