Subject: Re: NetBSD Forum
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
From: j wehrli <j@wehrli.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/02/2003 17:52:11
Matthias Buelow wrote:

>Carl Brewer writes:
>

>>>You burn more online time and data volume to read it and it creates
>>>advertizement revenue for the operator.
>>>

>>And they probably try to copyright your postings!  It's a win!
>>

>IMHO any web site that talks about NetBSD in a not-too-negative light
>is a boon for both sites.

I agree. NetBSD does not get the recognition it deserves, especially if
you tinker withwith a diverse lot of hardware or sell appliances/devices .

I am not a device maker or OS hacker yet I love to run NetBSD and its
core services for all my plumbing (OS attackes are usually directed at
Windows first and then Linux). Easy config, low TCO, high uptime and
performance are SO TRUE. Only the requirements of specific apps or the
occasional hurculean effort required to build/deploy on NetBSD drive me
to use Linux and Windows on other servers. Unfortunately, Debian is
starting to run on more and more platforms which eats away at the NetBSD
portablity value. That leaves GPL-less and security of NetBSD as the
major value add. We need to promote more for NetBSD!!

Cheers
Joe Wehrli