Subject: Re: New fdisk program
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/2003 12:09:49
Thus spake David Laight ("DL> ") sometime Today...

DL> I've made it much easier to update the boot code (it used to be almost
DL> impossible to put in a different copy of the boot code).
DL>     fdisk -c mbr_bootsel /dev/rwd0d
DL> will put the mbr_bootsel code from /usr/mdec into wd0.

It would be handier, dare I say, for the reverse to be true, i.e.

	fdisk -c mbr_bootsel wd0

to stuff it onto /dev/rwd0d.

[semantics, I know, but shorthand is nicer to type.]

				--*greywolf;
--
Computer languages are, by and large, much more terse than natural languages.
Computer languages are for computers, while natural languages are for people.