Subject: Wake on Lan and ex driver
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/2003 22:54:35
I'm trying to get Wake on Lan working on a Dell Optiplex GX240, which has a
3c905C on the motherboard:

ex0 at pci2 dev 12 function 0: 3Com 3c905C-TX 10/100 Ethernet with mngmt (rev 0x78)

I've enabled Wake-on-Lan in the BIOS but can't get it to happen.  Searching
the web finds references to Win2K on this box requiring a specific driver version
for WOL to work which suggests to me that the driver needs to enable something
on the card before it works.  Does anyone know whats supposed to happen with
this card and what changes are required to our ex driver to make it (or is it
supposed to work already)?

cheers
mark