Subject: Building a Net4501 distribution
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andrea Rossignoli <software@polin.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/2003 09:49:28
Hi,
I used in the past NetBSD 1.6 with an old 486dx4100 as a nat/gateway for my
small home lan.
I recently bought a Net4501 board and I wanted to install 1.6.1 on it.
I bought a sandisk-usb flash progammer too.
I bought a sandisk ultra-cf of 128mb ( I hope it's enough ).

That said on a brand new pc I installed 1.6.1.
I downloaded the current sources from ftp using anoncvs under /usr/src.
Once downloaded I did:

mkdir /usr/obj
mkdir /usr/net4501
cd /usr/src
./build.sh tools
( all was okay )
./build.sh kernel=NET4501
( all was okay )
./build.sh -U -D /usr/net4501 distribution
( the make will abort sometime, I'll have to check why and I'll post )

Actually my question is:
Am I following the right procedure ?
Did I miss some steps ?

When the last step will be okay ( distribution ),
what have I to do ?

Thank you in advance for any helps/suggestions
:-) Mr Andrea R.