Subject: Re: pciide0 bus-master DMA error:...status=0x6
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Andrea Rossignoli <software@polin.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/30/2003 09:40:42
First of all thank you,
I downloaded the sources from your link.
I read that the chipset is a sis651 ( possible ? ).
I created a CD-ROM from the cdrom.iso that I found from your link,
I booted it and the device probing is okay :-) even with udma support
enabled from BIOS.
The only problem I found was that when I choose the installation media and I
select the cd-rom it will show me that error again and the
pc will reset.
I can't report the error precisely because the pc resets after 1-2 seconds.
The CDrom is on the same ide of the hdd, and the cd-rom is a bit "old" (
20x ).
Re-reading your post I'm not sure I did follow your instructions exactly
:-).

Actually that's not an issue for me ( I mean the udma support ),
because I'm using that pc without udma because I'm going to build a NetBSD
distribution for the board Net4501,
but that's another matter and I'll ask for that in another post.

If you want I could use my home machine if you want to do some tests for
sis651.

Thanks again,

:-) Mr Andrea R.