Subject: ipfilter broken?!?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Nate <njbelf@earthlink.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/26/2003 09:01:53
Hi folks,
  I just installed 1.6.1 on a 'house router' (200MHz Pentium
machine with 96MB of memory).  I am using PPPoE to connect
through a DSL modem to the internet and a second ethernet
card to connect to my internal network.  My problem is, ipf
seems completely broken so I can't set up any NAT rules.

  I simply try to do an 'ipf -V' and get the following
response:

# ipf -V
ipf: IP Filter: v3.4.29 (336)
ioctl(SIOCGETFS): Operation not supported by device

Which device is it trying to use?  I have all of the packet
filter options turned on in my kernel and seem to have all
the devices in /dev.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nate