Subject: NetBSD on the Intel centrino processor ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Florence HENRY <Florence.Henry@obspm.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/22/2003 15:01:47
Hello,

I plan to replace my old Dell laptop running fine NetBSD by a new Dell
(latitude D600) shiped with the the Intel Centrino processor.

I've been told that there were some problems with this new processor
because Intel refused to give the linux drivers
(http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/29840.html)

but I am not sure I understand well the problem : is it only the wi-fi
card that is unsupported by unix (as I don't need the wi-fi device, it
wouldn't be a problem for me) or the whole processor does not support any
other OS than M$ windows ?

In summary : do I have a chance to run NetBSD on it (to tell the truth, I
won't buy the machine if I cannot) ?

thanks ?

---
Florence HENRY