Subject: Re: NetBSD
To: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
From: Ricardo Ryoiti S. Junior <suga@netbsd.com.br>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/21/2003 10:21:05
Yasir Malik wrote:

>I want to thank you all for helping me configure NetBSD.  The reason I
>came to this mailing list was because the grumpy system administrator at
>Stevens refused to help me and told me to come here.

    Hmmm, probably he got a lot of work to do and had no patiente to
teach people what he has known for years and also had to learn by
himself. :) Although Unix isn't easy, it's not as difficult as it seems
or people say, and I believe that the best way to learn is by facing
such difficulties. I've been using Unix for some time, and I must say
that I found BSD people to be much more responsible and helpful than,
say, other open-source people :>. Anyway, there's a tagline that says
"Unix is not unfriendly, it's just a bit selective about his friends",
which means that'll have to get used to be on your own if you really
want learn. :D

    []s
    Ricardo.