Subject: Re: oversized ramdisk
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/20/2003 15:43:38
On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 11:38:42PM +1000, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> No idea about pax (haven't looked yet).
>
> Note that the obsolete sets don't even support machine->i386 / i386->machine
> transition any more, since they caused no end of grief with postinstall.

As far as I can tell (from the 1.6 install floppies, didn't try current) it
still rename directories that shouldn't be there if they're not empty.
This is enouth to have the sets extracted.

I think we should keep a way to delete/rename files/directories before
extracting sets, as the directory on non-directory problem may happen again ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>