Subject: Re: PCI scsi controller support query
To: None <prenauld@nssolutions.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/2003 09:38:16
On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 08:30  AM, Pascal Renauld wrote:

> I am back from vacation (it was nice!).

Glad you had a good vacation :-)

> As Doug mentionned it, our company (Network Storage Solutions) would
> like to
> contribute to the NetBSD project by sharing with the community a new
> version
> of the ahc driver ported from the latest available FreeBSD source code
> and a
> new driver (ahd) for the aic79xx chip with Ultra320 capability. ahd
> has also
> been ported from the latest FreeBSD source code with help from Justin
> Gibbs.

That's great.

> Please forward instructions on how to incorporate this in the NetBSD
> project.

I would suggest doing the following:

	1. Create tar files of the updated driver sources, plus any other
	   diffs that might be necessary.

	2. File a bug report for each updated driver using send-pr(1).  This
	   will provide a record and audit trail for progress of the driver
	   update.  In the PR, provide pointers to the updated driver source
	   tar files.

	3. Send copies of these tar files to Frank van der Linden and myself.
	   (fvdl and thorpej @ netbsd.org, respectively).

> Thanks!

Thank *you*!