Subject: Re: fxp - unable to map device registers
To: Adam Glass <adam@clarity.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/2003 18:20:30
On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 09:43:12PM -0700, Adam Glass wrote:
> Manuel wrote:
> > Can you post the diffs between GENERIC and CUSTOM ?
>
> I think they'd be pretty long, so I'll post them on my website
> instead.  The URLs are below.
>
> Note that fxp1 is detected & works correctly in the DEBUG kernel,
> and the only difference between the DEBUG kernel and the CUSTOM
> kernel (where fxp1 does not work) is this:

This is really strange. Isn't there some others parameters that could
come in, such as cold vs warm boot ?

> diff(1) between CUSTOM and DEBUG (same as above):
>  http://www.clarity.net/adam/netbsd/diff-CUSTOM-DEBUG

I see you added lm0. Is it properly probed ?
If not you should maybe remove it.

Also, maybe try to call pci_conf_print(pa->pa_pc, pa->pa_tag, NULL);
from the "unable to map device registers" case.