Subject: Re: PCI scsi controller support query
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Pascal Renauld <prenauld@nssolutions.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/16/2003 11:30:29

> We (well, Network Storage Solutions in general and Pascal Renauld in
> particular) ported the FreeBSD driver in and have this supporting U320
> as offered by the Adaptec 7902 in an "ahd" driver.
>
> In addition, the same thing (port of latest FreeBSD driver) has been
> done for the ahc driver (finally, CTQ works!).
>
> It should be mentioned that Justin T. Gibbs helped Pascal in this effor=
t.

> Pascal is on holiday now (recovering from too much quality time with th=
> SCSI bus analyzer) but when he returns he will make efforts to get this
> work incorporated into NetBSD.

I am back from vacation (it was nice!).
As Doug mentionned it, our company (Network Storage Solutions) would like=
 to=20
contribute to the NetBSD project by sharing with the community a new vers=
ion=20
of the ahc driver ported from the latest available FreeBSD source code an=
d a=20
new driver (ahd) for the aic79xx chip with Ultra320 capability. ahd has a=
lso=20
been ported from the latest FreeBSD source code with help from Justin Gib=
bs.

Please forward instructions on how to incorporate this in the NetBSD proj=
ect.
Thanks!

Pascal.
Network Storage Solutions, Inc.