Subject: Re: PCI scsi controller support query
To: Doug Donsbach <dldonsbach@tds.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/14/2003 15:46:24
On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 08:49:36AM -0400, Doug Donsbach wrote:
> We (well, Network Storage Solutions in general and Pascal Renauld in
> particular) ported the FreeBSD driver in and have this supporting U320
> as offered by the Adaptec 7902 in an "ahd" driver.
>
> In addition, the same thing (port of latest FreeBSD driver) has been
> done for the ahc driver (finally, CTQ works!).
>
> It should be mentioned that Justin T. Gibbs helped Pascal in this effort.
>
> Pascal is on holiday now (recovering from too much quality time with the
> SCSI bus analyzer) but when he returns he will make efforts to get this
> work incorporated into NetBSD.

That'd be great. I ported the ahc driver, it worked fine on some machines,
but I had strange problems on another, which I could not trace, and then
I ran out of time. So if the effort's been made by other people, I'm
very happy.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org