Subject: PCI scsi controller support query
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Elz <kre@cs.mu.OZ.AU>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/13/2003 08:02:24
Hi,

can anyone let me know if either/both the following scsi controllers
are supported, or likely to work with little effort.

   LSI Logic 53C1030 Ultra320 SCSI controller
   Adaptec 39160 Ultra160 SCSI HBA

I've checked the supported hardware page, neither is mentioned explicitly.
But I know that the adaptec stuff is often listed there by its underlying
chip, rather than the board model number (I also know that its driver is
rather weak at the minute).

I'm guessing that the other one would belong to the siop driver.  The
supported hardware (web page) doesn't have numbers as big as 1030, but
pcidevs appears to know of this.   Of course, that just means that someone
has seen the card somewhere - I see nothing in siop*.[ch] that references
it, which might mean that it isn't supported, of might mean that no special
support is needed, and it should just work.

Thanks,

kre