Subject: Adaptec AHA-2920 (Future Domain) Driver
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Digital Node <eclipsetyperx@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/10/2003 00:16:15
Hello,
First of all i'd like to say yo guys rule, Powered By
NetBSD forever!
Now Business,
I've got a AHA-2920 (at least that's what the BIOS and
the sticker on the card says) and from doing a little
digging, I see people have been asking about this for
a while with little or no responce.  I took a look
into the Linux kernel and found that they have a
driver there (unfortually no linux box at the moment
to test if this is true or not).  I am willing to loan
my 2920 to any developer that would like to take on
the challenge of porting this card into NetBSD.  It is
my tape drive controller (Normal SCSI 50pin) and it
the scsi card detects it just fine.  I relised that
trying to do this on my own is over my head, and if I
was to accomplish it, it would probally be tallyed up
as the dirtesy hack ever done,  my email is
eclipsetyperx(at)yahoo.com if it's not posted along
with this, please feel free to email any questions.

--Scott

P.S. What I've currently Got:

vendor 0x1036 product 0x0000 (SCSI mass storage) at
pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured

NetBSD crimson.tier1.internal.vpn 1.6P NetBSD 1.6P
(CRIMSON) #10: Wed Apr  9 23:29:50 PDT 2003
node@crimson.tier1.internal.vpn:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/CRIMSON
i386

or if anyone would like access to my machine to code
on it I'd be willing to do that too!

Thanks again