Subject: Inexpensive motherboard recommendations
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Camp <dave@thinbits.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/2003 16:21:42
I looked back through the last 6 months of postings and didn't see
anyone asking a question about cheap boards, so I thought I'd ask...

Having just returned a motherboard with the SiS 746/963 chipset which I
could not get to work at all (even with the latest SiS patches from
Manuel, which were much appreciated), I'm looking for a replacement.

My only requirements (mostly because these are the components I bought
to go with the other motherboard):
  - Takes Athlon 2100 XP+ processor
  - Takes PC2700 DDR RAM
  - 2 IDE channels (two HD's and a CD-ROM)
  - 10/100 ethernet
  - USB would be nice, but not mandatory.
  - Cost less than $80...

I was looking at a ECS L7VTA using the VIA KT400 chipset ($66 from
newegg.com), but I saw a posting back in December from someone having
IDE troubles with a different KT400 based board, so I'm not feeling
good about that.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave