Subject: Re: SiS 746/963 IDE problems and 1.6 kernel
To: Dave Camp <dave@thinbits.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/09/2003 22:42:12
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 03:49:55PM -0700, Dave Camp wrote:
> I've got a new ECS L7S7A2 motherboard with the SiS 746/963 chipset that
> I'm having IDE problems with. Searching the archives, it looks like
> there is a patch to the 1.6P kernel that may solve this.
>
> Is there a way to patch the released 1.6 kernel to work with this
> chipset, or do I have to go with the 1.6P sources (I tried patching the
> 1.6 source, but got compile errors)? This would be for a production
> server, so stability is important for me.

You have a 1.6.1_RC2 distribution built with the patches here:
ftp://antioche.lip6.fr/pub/bouyer/tmp/sis/NetBSD-1.6.1_RC2/
You also have the diff.gz file in this directory.

This patch won't be in 1.6.1, but will be pulled up in the 1.6 branch just
after 1.6.1 is released.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>