Subject: SiS 746/963 IDE problems and 1.6 kernel
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Camp <dave@thinbits.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/2003 15:49:55
I've got a new ECS L7S7A2 motherboard with the SiS 746/963 chipset that
I'm having IDE problems with. Searching the archives, it looks like
there is a patch to the 1.6P kernel that may solve this.

Is there a way to patch the released 1.6 kernel to work with this
chipset, or do I have to go with the 1.6P sources (I tried patching the
1.6 source, but got compile errors)? This would be for a production
server, so stability is important for me.

Or, am I better off sending this motherboard back and getting something
else?

Thanks,
Dave