Subject: Status of NTFS
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/07/2003 14:54:22
While this isn't really specific to port-i386 since NTFS is available on
x86, PowerPC, and MIPS platforms, I'm guessing that most users of NTFS are
on an x86 platform.

I know that reading of NTFS is possible (I've been doing it for a dual boot
Win2K Pro system for a while) I've heard that writing is still "experimental".

I'm putting together a dual boot WinXP / NetBSD system for home use and I
would like to know what the status of the NTFS code is, and if work needs
to be done, to whom I should send e-mail.

Part of the purpose of this home machine is for working on NetBSD device
drivers and other potentially destructive (s/w speaking only) testing so if
I accidentally nuke the drive it's annoying but not disastrous.

Steven G.

steven_grunza@ieee.org