Subject: Installing vmware.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/06/2003 19:27:31
I've been struggling with vmware since Friday. The directions on the web
site don't make all that easy, either.

For example:
The filename is the 'fileName' field in the disk description (usually:
ide0:0.fileName).

To me meant that the RHS and the LHS of that line were the same. That
didn't work very well. I'm guessing the plaindisk file needs to be a
specific name, like <guest_os>.wdf but I'm not sure.

So far, I can get the OS to boot into MSDOS with a floppy, but it won't
recognize the disk I have in wd0f. I've followed all the instructions,
and I even figured out how to mount it in NetBSD, but still no vmware.

Any help would be appreciated. (All this so I can avoid writing my own
ham radio logging software.)

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 = mocha latte