Subject: Re: Forcing specific IRQ or address for PCI devices?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/06/2003 13:30:23
In message <200304061738.h36Hcnxb011764@guild.plethora.net>, Peter Seebach writ
es:
>In message <20030406173322.GA1228@antioche.eu.org>, Manuel Bouyer writes:
>>Maybe you can try to force it in the pci code for this device then.
>>Just writing 10 to the PCI interrupt register before mapping the IRQ may
>>be enouth
>
>I'll give it a try.  If it blows up, I'll bug the vendor about the BIOS,
>or try to figure out what Linux is doing.

It works!

On my system, if, right before the "NOT USED because of unconfigured..." line,
I put "pa->pa_intrline = 10;", everything works fine.

Unfortunately, there's no kernel config way to do this.  The question, I
guess, is "are systems where the BIOS is this confused common enough to
merit a kernel config option".  I'd love to see one, so I could have just
a config file, not a source mod.

-s