Subject: Re: ACPI vs. a "legacy free" notebook... :/
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/03/2003 19:09:20
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de> writes:

> What I wonder is if there are so many "not configured" devices, esp. ones
> that I'd expect to be in the kernel (I have all "at acpi" devices in a
> -current kernel). I cannot even "poweroff" or "reboot" the machine.

You mean like:

> PNP0C01 [System Board] at acpi0 not configured
> PNP0A03 [PCI Bus] at acpi0 not configured
> PNP0200 [AT DMA Controller] at acpi0 not configured
> PNP0000 [AT Interrupt Controller] at acpi0 not configured
> PNP0100 [AT Timer] at acpi0 not configured

?

The kernel is using those, but it's assuming that that they're all at
the normal PC I/O addresses rather than using the ACPI configuration
information. Which works fine as long as the ACPI info is just
describing a normal setup ("legacy free" .... with an AT interrupt
controller? HA!) rather than putting the normal PC things at unusual
addresses.

        - Nathan