Subject: Re: UltraDMA/133 on Sis 5597/5598
To: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/03/2003 21:45:19
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 01:32:21AM +0000, Gilbert Fernandes wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 07:06:15PM -0600, Marcello Balduccini wrote:
>
> Manuel Bouyer has been working on the DMA and the
> IDE layer of NetBSD. One of my machines, a Shuttle
> SS51G, has a SiS IDE chipset, offering UltraDMA 6
> and it wasn't working at all. The machine is now
> running NetBSD with a custom kernel compiled by
> Manuel, where IDE is fully supported and running
> at full speed. I guess this new IDE layer will get
> into NetBSD 1.6 ; could you please contact manuel,
> download such a kernel and try please ?

The kernels are still in
ftp://antioche.lip6.fr/pub/bouyer/tmp/sis/NetBSD-1.6.1_RC2/binary/kernel/
In case you want to compile your own kernel, the patch is at
ftp://antioche.lip6.fr/pub/bouyer/tmp/sis/NetBSD-1.6.1_RC2/diff.gz
(should apply cleanly to 1.6.1).

This patch has been commited to current; a pullup request will be sent once
1.6.1 is out.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>