Subject: UltraDMA/133 on Sis 5597/5598
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Marcello Balduccini <marcello.balduccini@ttu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/02/2003 17:46:07
In my system, I have an ASUS P4533 motherboard and UltraDMA/133 hard drive.
Although the motherboard's specs say that it supports UltraDMA/133, I noticed
that, under NetBSD, the disk is accessed using UltraDMA/33.

Are there any plans of supporting UltraDMA/133 on this motherboard ?

The IDE controller is a Silicon Integrated System 5597/5598 and, according to
pciide.c, the driver is set to use UltraDMA/100 on SiS 735 and UltraDMA/33 on
other chipsets. Would it be possible to just set sc->sc_wdcdev.UDMA_cap to 5
(or 6...) in order to get a quick fix supporting UltraDMA/133 on the ASUS ?